Monday, April 19, 2010

week #16 - hollering back

Sorry I left you hanging on the new thing for this week. I bought roller skates.

Buying something seems like a cop out for the new thing (hey, I spend money all the time) but once the roller skates get here I can actually do some new thing-ing. You see, I don't think I've ever been roller skating.

Growing up, the nearest skating rink was about a half hour or so away from my house, so I didn't get a chance to go much. I remember going with a youth group or something on a bus trip one time, but after getting there someone in our group got in trouble for smoking in the bathroom. So we were all loaded back onto the bus and shipped back home. I don't even think I had a chance to put skates on. AND I also don't think I got my skate rental money back. Damn you Kenny Reynolds.

So I ordered some roller skates online. Nothing too fancy. Just something to get me started so I can hone my skills and one day become queen of the roller derby! I listen to this song once a day to get me pumped up.



I know it's really about sex, but who cares. It's also about roller skating and stalking boys. Done and done.

Oh, and on a side note. I keep reading articles about other people doing new things in 2010. There was that suicide guy I wrote about a few weeks ago and now there's this silly broad. I mean, come on people, if you're going to copy my new year's resolution, can you at least half ass it like the rest of us???

No comments:

Post a Comment