Saturday, April 17, 2010

week #16

Oh geez, sorry for the lack of posting of late. Life has sorta been getting in the way recently, but hopefully things are back to normal. First, let's talk about bodybuilding competitions for a minute.

So I went to the 2010 Natural Bodybuilding and Figure Competition last weekend to watch my brother's first bodybuilding show. He was in two categories and came in 5th in both (although we all agree he should have placed higher in the one). They give out awards up to 5th place so it's cool that he got to go home with two trophies in his first competition. Now, I have to say, the whole competition was sort of an experience. My brother got down to like 2% body fat and when he flexed he looked like Mr. Body...


I didn't realize there was all this yelling at these things -- "flex," "harder," "keep your legs tight," "blow the air out" -- it's all very crazy. The fake tans were a little hard to get past. But on stage, I could definitely see a difference between the guys with the tans and the ones without. (But, come on, some guys just looked dirty. I mean, use common sense, go to a professional.) Anyway, it was interesting, and I was impressed by the dedication it takes to do that. I wouldn't be able to give up my carbs and sugar. No way.

This week... can I get back to you on that?

No comments:

Post a Comment