Wednesday, July 21, 2010

week #28 - gaga update

Sorry this took so long - I've had a whirlwind week (read all about it in my new thing for week #29 (post to come in like 10 minutes)). So, Lady Gaga. Let me share with you some pictures to get you in the mood.




This is the friend I went to the show with. Her outfit was great. She made her own disco-ball bra.



I took about a million photos of fans who were all gaga-ed out. I'll only post a couple - but let me tell you, this concert was a feast for the eyes even before it began.


Most. Amazing. Outfit. Ever.



Okay, so the actual concert. It was pretty awesome. If you remember back to week #1 when I started all this, you'll know that this was my very first concert ever. And what a way to start. Like her music or not, Lady Gaga put on a show. It was about two and a half hours, 10 costume changes, five set changes, and tons of dancing and lights and pyrotechnics. Her voice sounded just as good in concert as it does on the radio - in fact, I might say better, because it was live and she could add different inflections, and give ol' Cleveland a shout out or two.

I would also like to point out that I was really surprised by the number of parents who brought their 8-9-10 year old daughters. This show was most definitely NOT rated PG. It didn't bother me any, of course, but I'm not sure if I had a kid I would want her seeing and hearing some of this stuff at a young age. Lady Gaga "ate" a heart, there was tons of swearing, the lead singer for the opening act was naked on stage. There were drunk fans puking in the seats (I thought I had a picture of the girl in front of us who vommed on the girls and seats in front of her, but alas, I did not). So, call me old fashioned, but I just thought it was odd for some of those youngsters to be there.

So yah, that was my first concert. Lady Gaga popped my cherry.

No comments:

Post a Comment