Friday, October 8, 2010

week #41

Boom. Back on track. With a REAL thing too. I know, I've been totally lame since half way through July. (Go ahead, make the obvious joke. I softballed it up there for you...)

Anyway, this week's thing is OHNY. Open House New York -- touring old buildings, and secret caverns, and hidden gems, and places cordoned off to the public. I'm super excited about it. Stop number 1: Grand Lodge of Masons. I find secret societies soooooooo intriguing. I've seen the movie National Treasure, and heard all that Jack the Ripper stuff. Their web site is so innocuous, but I know better. So mysterious those Masons.

There are tons of other places to check out around the city too. Not sure what all I'll make it to depending on lines and such, but the MTA substations, the old churches, abandoned subway tunnels (although I can't go to that one because I don't own a flashlight), they all are so different and interesting. So I'll be spending the weekend exploring. What fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment