Friday, February 5, 2010

Week #6 - new beers

Two posts in one day???? Unheard of.

Just wanted to post an update on my first night of new beers before I forgot. I had three new ones for the night, and they were all over the map.

1. Lagunitas Hairy Eyeball - I was trying something new, and this one was definitely a little too hoppy and bitter for me. It came in a goblet which was pretty cool, but at 9.0 ABV, it was also pretty strong, and you could tell by the taste. Fun name, but probably not something I'm going to have again.

2. Buckeye Heidi - from Lakewood's own Buckeye Brewing Company. It's a German Pilsner, and while I liked it much better than number one, it wasn't something to rave about either. It had an after taste that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Not terrible, but not fantastic either. Of course, maybe my glass just had a little Dawn residue on it.

3. Breckenridge Vanilla Porter - by far the best of the night. According to the description on the website, it's an herb and spice beer with a smooth roasted chocolate flavor and a vanilla finish. I don't know about all that. I couldn't taste any chocolate - and trust me, I am a chocolate freak - but the beer was dark with no bitterness at all. Veeeeeeery smooth. I was a fan, and after all this new beer trying is over, I think I'll order this one again.


Now, the question is, how is my stomach/body going to feel about all this in the morning? (And no, I'm not a lightweight. Three beers did not do me in. There were shots and martinis interspersed with all this new beer drinkin')

No comments:

Post a Comment