Saturday, February 13, 2010

Week #7

Sorry for being a little behind this week. First, let's talk about the new beer new thing from last week. I think I'm going to keep it going for a while longer. I only had 6 new beers for the week. Nothing impressive or life altering. Although, I found a few beers that I now know I like. And I'm pretty sure I can safely say I don't like IPAs. Life lesson learned.

Oh, and you know how a couple weeks ago I signed up for art school? This past Tuesday was my first class. I was a little nervous, and I showed up late. I hate being late. It was snowing that night, so traffic was a little slower than normal, and also, the buildings aren't clearly marked so I couldn't find where I was supposed to be. I was only 5 minutes late, but I was sure it would cause the teacher to hate me right off the bat. But, there was someone even later than me and someone else's cell phone went off in class (umm... really?), so I think I'm good. Anyway, it was fun and I remembered a lot from my earlier design classes. Basically, I am a star pupil.

Oh, but this week's new thing - you want to hear about that right. Well, I went to a psychic. I've never done that before (obviously) - tarot cards and palm reading and all that jazz. I don't believe in it, but I thought it would be fun if nothing else. So, what my palm wrinkles say about me is the following:

1. I have a long life and health line. I've always thought I would die young, so this is good news.
2. I'm strong willed. (Isn't that how people describe a misbehaving child? "Oh no, my kid isn't a holy terror, she's just strong willed.")
3. There's going to be a change in my life in about 6 months. Can't wait till August.
4. She seemed really surprised that I am not now, nor have I ever been married. Sheesh, she's worse than my mother.
5. I need to let go of negativity.

Let's talk about this last one for a minute. I told a couple friends about my reading, and they laughed immediately at this. I want to say, while yes, I am great at complaining and bitching, I do not have a negative outlook in general. Just like Kirk Douglas, I have a lust for life. I'm like a ray of sunshine.

No offense Fay, you're a lovely dame, but I think I might go to another psychic to see how the two reading stack up.

No comments:

Post a Comment