Sunday, September 12, 2010

random thoughts during this week #37

Happy first official weekend of football season. Did your team win? Mine did. So, this morning, I had to be over in Brooklyn to look at an apartment, but afterwards, I headed over to a bar called the Public House. It was billed online as THE OFFICIAL Steelers bar in New York. I think the internet was telling the truth. I walked in right at one, and there was one seat left at the bar, and I was probably the only one there not in some sort of Steelers' gear. To my credit though, I'm living out of a suitcase, and when I was packing, I thought I might need more business clothes instead of my Polamalu jersey. (Just kidding. It's a Hines Ward jersey.) So that was a nice way to spend the afternoon. Plus I made friends with my displaced Pittsburgh brethren. It was really a nice afternoon.

Now, I just have a random musing that I want to put out there in the world. So, my current subway stop is Columbus Circle. It's right on the edge of Central Park, and when I'm walking there in the morning, I often look up at the buildings along the edge of the park. (I know, this is blasphemous to true New Yorkers. I was told to never look up, or I'd give myself away as a tourist. Whatever. I don't care.) The reason for my looking up, aside from admiring the architecture, is that I always wonder, "which of these buildings was used as Dana's apartment building in the movie Ghost Busters?" I swear, when I'm looking up at them, with the trees of Central Park in the view, it looks exactly like a scene from the movie. I've been trying to look it up online, but haven't found the right search string yet.

All right kids, I'm out.


No comments:

Post a Comment