Saturday, November 20, 2010

week #47

Why hello Saturday evening in front of the computer. I feel like hell. I had to get groceries today, and it was all I could do to pick up a random mishmash of things that can be eaten. (Definitely not a meal -- sweet potatoes, cheese, pasta noodles, cereal, chocolate.) I find shopping in New York to be daunting. The aisles are so skinny and the shelves go all the way to the ceiling. It's never not crowded so I always feel like I'm in someone's way and I never get to really survey the shelves for the best product or price. It's definitely NOT like Giant Eagle. Now I'm back home feeling like I might be in bed by 8 p.m. tonight.

This week is Thanksgiving, (I'm running a turkey trot that morning -- gobble gobble!), and it's almost December, only a few weeks left in my year of new things. Let's reflect for a moment...
...
thinking
...
remember that time?
...
contemplating
...
sighing
...

It's been a long year, and I don't feel like my year of new things actually was that impressive. Not that it was meant to be. I guess I just thought this year would end with one of those Eat, Pray, Love kind of "ah-ha" moments where everything becomes clear and I am this new person. I feel like the same ol' me. I guess I do have some interesting experiences. One of the big things I'm thinking about now that 2011 is coming up, is do I continue this blog? Is anyone reading it anyway? I could continue to chronicle my adjustments to New York life, but am I really conceited enough to think this is interesting? Decisions. Decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment