Tuesday, November 30, 2010

week #48

I'm giving up Facebook for the foreseeable future. If you know me, you know that I'm not really a huge fan of social media. Aside from the annoyance of knowing every boring detail of a person's life, ("I don't want to go to work today." "I have softball after work." "I hate Mondays." "Yay, my significant other is coming over." etc. etc.) my knowledge of grammar and spelling make it nearly impossible for me to enjoy status updates. (I swear if I see one more "your so cute" instead of "you're" I might throw my computer at something.) Those are just small pet peeves. Really, I think I mainly want to give up Facebook because it's not fun anymore, in fact, sometimes it just makes me unhappy.

I think it's the same reason why I really don't care for blogs. What ever happened to talking to people? Ya know, calling someone up, meeting out for a meal or a drink, having an actual face-to-face conversation? If you have a funny story that you want to blog about, why don't you just tell me about it. Then I'll be able to hear the inflection of your voice, see your arms wildly moving about, and see your facial expressions. And at the same time, you'll be able to see my reaction to your story right there in real time!

I'm not naive enough to say I'll never go back on Facebook. And I'm not canceling my account or anything. I'm just going to give it up for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment