Friday, January 15, 2010

Week #3

Before I get into week three stuff, let me just say, whew, thank goodness being a vegetarian is over. I mean, the week started out fine. I was actually on hunger strike for the first 3 days so I didn't really notice that I wasn't eating meat. I wasn't eating anything, so those days FLEW by. But then, on day 4 a sad sushi mishap almost ended it. Extra sushi ended up on a friend and I's order and after I had my two cucumber rolls there was a spicy tuna sitting there staring me down. It was just begging to be eaten. Oh, and on day 6 I almost broke down and ate a hot dog, but will power prevailed. Although, I'm still craving that hot dog.

So, what's up next? I'm going back to school.

I just signed up for a Digital Print and Design class at the Cleveland Institute of Art. I'm super excited about it since I know I'm a bit rusty on my Photoshop and Illustrator skills. It'll be nice to get back up to speed and meet some new people hopefully too. Plus, I was always pretty good at book learnin'. I actually was pretty close to getting a 4.0 in college until my marketing professor told us, "only med students get 4.0s. If any of you graduate with a 4.0 you're going to have a hard time getting a job because it will look like you have no social skills." So I skipped some homework and boom - down to a respectable -- and more reflective of the social butterfly I was -- 3.8.

Anyway, this class doesn't really start until February, but I just paid for it today so I am counting it for this week. Don't worry, I won't count it again later as "first day of class" or something lame like that. Now, I just have to go get a backpack, and a pencil box, and hat - college students always wear hats right? - oooh, or a beret since that's more artsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment