Friday, January 22, 2010

Week #4

It took a while to come up with something for this week. One idea was to walk to work every day. I live about a mile from my office, so it could easily be done, but then I'd have to get a ride home at night because I don't want to get robbed, raped, and murdered on my walk home at 11 o'clock. Also, it's Cleveland, and it's cold. So, sorry G, I'm saving this one for March/April. Not to worry though, I've come up with an even tougher challenge for this week... no swearing.

Now, some might think this is damn near impossible for me (oops, there's one already) since I could make a sailor blush. However, I think I can do it. I just need to take a little time before I speak. And stay calm. And have an incentive. So, I'm going to fine myself for swearing. Each time I curse -- and let's face it, I'm surely going to let some slip by this week -- I'll save a quarter to donate to some charity. I mean, come on, quarters are like gold for apartment dwellers like me. I had to scrounge up one today just so I could dry my laundry (hooray couch cushion).

So, if you hear any expletives come out of my mouth, remind me that I'm a failure this week, and suggest a good cause to give that 25 cents to.

No comments:

Post a Comment