Sunday, May 2, 2010

week #18

Howdy.

Originally this week was going to have something to do with the Kentucky Derby, but alas, my plans of getting up early on Saturday to drive six hours and wear a hat and sip mint juleps were dashed. So this week had to be re-thunk.

I ended up with this: No TV.

I work nights, so I don't watch a lot of primetime shows. But it is nice to come home from a long day of work and just switch on the TV and veg out for an hour or two before heading to bed. But I'm sure there are other, more useful ways to spend my time. Like going to play outside, cleaning the apartment, scanning the internet for great youtube clips, reading a book. Maybe this book...



I actually sorta slipped up this afternoon. I think my one big obstacle for the week is going to be Penguins games. Just today, shortly after 2 p.m. I flipped on NBC because that's the channel the online interweb told me would be showing the game. Not in Cleveland though. Nope. Sucky Indians games trump play-off hockey. Screw you Cleveland. SCREW. YOU.

Then I remembered I wasn't even supposed to be watching TV so I clicked it off straight away.

No comments:

Post a Comment