Sunday, May 16, 2010

week #20

Spent the weekend in Pittsburgh getting my new thing on. First, let's talk about driving in Pittsburgh. Now, don't get me wrong, the 'burgh is my city, but come on PA, those roads, that construction, signage people, signage! My brother and I ended up going about 100 miles all over the countryside just to get about 15 miles east. I saw more of Aliquippa, Sewickly, Etna, and Coraopolis than I ever wanted. Fun though, that we got to go old school with a Rand McNally map. In your face GPS.

We went to the Pittsburgh roller derby on Saturday night. Wow. I'm used to the Cleveland bouts, but my first time watching the Steel City Derby Demons was something else. I mean, these girls were serious. Their coach was out there making them do drills before the bout. Gotta say, this girl called Hurricane Heather was the BEST derby girl I'd ever seen. She got rocked in the first jam and had to be evaluated by the EMTs, but came back later. If the Steel Hurtin' (get it, Steel Curtain, Pittsburgh, get it??) are ever derby-ing around where you live, go watch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment