Friday, June 11, 2010

week #24

So, last week.

I kept trying to think of something to do last week, and then all of a sudden it was Friday and now it's a new week. Sorry. I know it's a big disappointment. I'm disappointed, but I just couldn't think of anything. I mean, I was trying to come up with something sad like "watched a new movie," but I didn't even do that.

This week though, I'm giving up sugar. Another sort of cop out week, but I've got some good stuff coming up soon, just you wait and see. Plus, the sugar thing is going to be hard. I think I am addicted. Lately I just feel like I always am craving candy or cookies or brownies or ice cream or whatever. I'm almost ashamed to say it, but my favorite thing to eat recently is a hershey's chocolate bar, with creamy jif peanut butter, with sugar on it. Straight, white, granulated sugar. When you are topping chocolate and peanut butter with extra sugar, I think there's a problem. So I'm going to try to make it through this week without it. I mean, I guess just desserts, because there's sugar in everything. But no chocolate, cake, cookies, candy, etc. for me. No thanks.

Also, I want to amend a post I made a couple weeks ago about a bar by my house called "Carney's." I'm taking back my rave reviews. It's still a nice looking bar, and has a dog, and serves Blatz, but the other night some friends and I were there and overheard the management saying some inappropriate things. Things that I won't repeat, and that I don't agree with at all. So I don't want to be associated with a kind of place like that. Who knows, maybe they have rallies in the basement, I don't know. I'm just saying, in a town full of pretty great dive bars, I can find a better one than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment