Tuesday, June 22, 2010

week of the warrior

I was looking forward to this week for months. WARRIOR DASH! Did you check out the web site? No? what the... All right, here's the gist. It's basically a 5K with 12 obstacles -- things like climbing over junkyard cars and cargo nets, jumping over fire, crawling through mud, lots of fun stuff like that.

I don't know if you know me, but I'm not really much of a runner. I'm doing this whole "mile challenge" thing too, so it's not like I'm super out of shape. But honestly, I'm about a 10-minute miler. I'm going to try to get that lower, but that's where I'm at in my old age. So my goal for the race was to do it in under 45 minutes. I wanted to give myself some breathing room. Guess how long it took... 36 minutes and some change. For me, that's like lightening.

It was really tons of fun. Muddy, muddy fun. Tiring as well, but a great time with great people. Here's a photo op of the dashers. Sadly, one dasher suffered a pre-race injury and didn't get to run, but I want to sign up for the warrior dash in Delaware, so maybe we'll all regroup there.




Oh, and you want to hear a bit about last week's no-sugar challenge? I failed. Twice I broke down and cheated. I'll have to make another effort for that one at a later date. I just love me some sugar. And my office doesn't help. Not when every single day someone is bringing in brownies, doughnuts, cookies, cake, baklava, pie, candy...


No comments:

Post a Comment